I fell for the dermitage ad about paying $7.00 S&H for a sample product.(Or as it turned out..
a sample trial period of THE product.) Supposedly, order the product and you have a trial period of 14 days. The catch: They send the actual product and YOU have a total of 14 days to send it back to them or they charge $90 to your account!! AND you have to CONTACT THEM FIRST to get a send back number before you can return the product!! Good luck with that!!
I'd tried to contact them via telephone, as their blurb said. NO answer or busy. (And telephone was THE ONLY WAY they could be contacted.) When I saw they had charged $90 for their 2 oz skin lotion to my Discover card, I again attempted to contact them. When I finally contacted the nasty "customer service" broad, she had a "pat answer obviously written down".
"You had the product well over 14 days; "everyone else" has been able to contact us; TOUGH LUCK, SUCKER!!" (Okay.. maybe she didn't say that last part out loud..) Discover card did their version of an investigation. Basically.. I got totally screwed!!
I looked up some legal info and the "statement" dermitage uses in their "agreement" uses "uncommon language" and "uncommon practices" not normally used and, therefor, unexpected types of terms and conditions.
(I had forwarded the exact info to Discover and they have deleted all correspondence.) I also wrote up a report for www.ripoffreport.com AND I contacted the official federal site dealing with fraudulent web sites and I reported dermitage.Of course, it's in limbo.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Anti-Aging Lotion
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "Christy McCann (a.k.a. Christy-Rocket McCann) was found guilty in a Concord (Country Costa County) court of law of fraudulently selling a 21.5 inch computer monitor, which was advertised by her..."
- "Put in an order over the phone for EVERSILK SLIMMING CREAM never gave me confirmation or order# they took the payment and i never recieved my product, constantly ringing speaking..."
- "Arbonne Suncreen is the absolute worst. As someone who had a stage 2 melanoma removed from my back last year, I try to be very careful to say the least...."
- " I was really looking forward to giving my sons something special for summer camp. When I received an email for a Star Wars Lego Camp, I jumped at the..."
- "Taco Bell 3554 South Tower Rd. Aurora Colorado order #369757 cashier Rachel B. Terrible customer service complete misunderstanding of entire order as if she didn't know the menue. One..."
- "I ordered a pair of pants and a shirt at the beginning of August (it is currently October), and it still hasn't shown up. I received an e-mail with a..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."